Are you a people watcher? I am.
Isn’t it interesting to see that people, who have dogs, look just like their dogs? Dog ownership is mandatory to live in the Beach, so I see a lot of dog people. And I often wonder, when people watching, what their homes look like based on their fashion style. And I’m usually right. Although I can’t always prove it.
Years ago when I was working in Advertising, a colleague proclaimed that she was a “preppy”. This really surprised me to see a young woman have such a strong sense of her own style. So refreshing. And when she moved into her new condo, she knew exactly the type of décor she wanted. It was very current modern. And it resembled the model suites we usually set up in our clients’ sales centres.
In fact, condo modern stores are popping up everywhere in Toronto.
You know your style is modern when:
- you prefer white walls or bold coloured accent walls
- the trim, doors and windows have a very plain clean profile i.e. no detailed woodwork
- the trim in your home is usually painted the same colour as your trim
- lines of your furniture are very linear and geometric
- you like abstract art
- you prefer bold primary colours
Show us what you’re decor style is and send in your pics.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.